Code of Conduct for Volunteers
Code of Conduct for Contractors, Employees, Volunteers or Track Managers
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every athlete, coach, technical official and others involved in athletics and treat everyone equally
- Cooperate fully with others involved in the sport such as coaches, technical officials, team managers, doctors, physiotherapists, sport scientists and representatives of the governing body in the best interests of the athlete
- Consistently promote positive aspects of the sport such as fair play and never condone rule violations or the use of prohibited or age-inappropriate substances
- Act with dignity and display courtesy and good manners towards others
- Avoid swearing and abusive language and irresponsible behaviour including behaviour that is dangerous to yourself or others, acts of violence, bullying, harassment and physical and sexual abuse
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour and language by others
- Avoid destructive behaviour and leave athletics venues as you find them
- Never engage in any inappropriate or illegal behaviour
- Not carry or consume alcohol to excess and/or illegal substances.
- Not carry any items that can be dangerous to yourself or to others excluding athletics equipment used in the course of your athletic activity
- Ensure that any risk assessment or health and safety procedures are adhered to and the safety of the athlete or any other participant in athletics is put first.
- Report any suspected misconduct by coaches, technical officials, or other people involved in athletics to the Club, Regional, National or UKA welfare officer as soon as possible