Junior Code of Conduct
South London Harriers – 12 Point Junior Code of Conduct
· All members must play within the rules and respect coaches and officials and their decisions.
· Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their team manager if they are going to be late.
· Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly and sign in before training at the registration desk.
· Members should perform an adequate warm up and warm down in training and competitions.
· Members should aim to attend all if not most of the event that the club competes in.
· Members must wear suitable kit for training and club colours during matches that the club competes in.
· Members should encourage fellow athletes during training and competition.
· Members should compete in both track and field including relays.
· In the event of a change of coach, the member (not the parent) should speak to both coaches.
· Members should take their own medication and not accept any from anyone including coaches.
· Members are not allowed to smoke, drink alcohol or take drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club in competitions.
· All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
South London Harriers is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with their coach